The church is still closed for services but all services are being live-streamed on our Facebook Page
(You do not need a Facebook profile or account to access the page and the stream )
Opening of St Demetrios Church Saturday from 4th July 2020
The church will be open from 4th July for services according to the programme for July
Bearing in mind that numbers will be restricted in the church, please enter only when you are instructed to do so by a committee member.
When you come to church please be very careful to follow the guidelines below as the Corona Virus is transmitted via person to person contact, inhaling droplets or contact with contaminated surfaces:
- Do not come to church if you are feeling unwell and if you feel unwell during your visit to the church return home straight away
- ENTER the church through the main doors and at all times keep to the ONE WAY flow within the church according to the floor markings
- EXIT the church through the side door into the corridor towards the church hall / toilets
- Sanitise your hands on entering the church using the hand sanitising facilities at the entrance and then put on your face mask. When leaving sanitise your hands at the exit sanitising station
- Do not touch surfaces as much as possible and do not kiss the icons /priest’s hand etc
- Keep at least 2 metres distance from other people when you enter the church and when you are inside the building stay at least 2 metres from others and keep social interaction to a minimum.
- Parents and/or guardians of children, please ensure children keep social distancing.
- Please be patient and follow instructions given by the committee members and the priest.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
We look forward to seeing you soon and may God keep us all in His grace and loving-kindness.
If you need to speak to a priest while the church is closed please use the telephone number below.
Fr John: 07523203022
“Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.” Romans 15:7
Saint Demetrios is a parish of the Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain under the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Our priest in charge is Rev’d Oeconomos Fr. John Hookway, assisted by Reverend Evangelos Liassi.
Matins and Divine Liturgy (in Greek with some English) is celebrated on Sundays from 08.30 am to 12.00 pm and on weekdays from 9.00 am to 11.30 am according to the programme of services for the month. An English Liturgy takes place at least once a month according to the programme. Find out what is going on at the parish by checking the news page. To get the most up to date news follow us on Facebook
The Parish Priests, Chairman and Committee would like to thank you all for your charitable donations which keeps your parish operating, any one wishing to leave a gift may do so below in the PayPal link.